The British Cosmetic Dermatology Group (BCDG) is a national group of dermatologists offering unbiased educational programmes and supports clinical and laboratory research into cosmetic dermatology. We are closely aligned to the British Association of Dermatologists and members are active in both associations. The objectives of the BCDG are:
• To stimulate academic and clinical interest in cosmetic dermatology among consultant and trainee dermatologists.
• To raise the profile of dermatologists as key individuals in the practice of cosmetic medicine because of their understanding of skin anatomy, physiology and ageing, as well as their expertise in the recognition and treatment of skin disease.
• To represent the British Association of Dermatologists (BAD) in development and revision of the relevant legal and regulatory constraints of practice and to inform consultant and trainee dermatologists of these
• To advise on the evolution of the curriculum in cosmetic dermatology for trainee dermatologists, in consultation with the Joint Royal College of Physicians Training Board (JRCPTB) and the dermatology Specialist Advisory Committee (SAC) of the Royal College of Physicians (RCP). Trainees should gain an understanding of cosmetic procedures and their potential benefits and limitations.
• To facilitate communication between the BAD and the cosmetic industry in a professional, ethical and unbiased manner, to develop appropriate relationships with industry and to promote acceptance and understanding of the dermatologist's role in the dissemination of cosmetic advice and treatment.
FOR FURTHER INFORMATION PLEASE VISIT www.britishcosmderm.com or email email@example.com
To join the BCDG, please click here.
To apply to change your special interest group membership category, please use this link.