The purpose of this group is to raise awareness of the psychosocial impact of skin disease and to promote multi-disciplinary management between dermatologists, psychiatrists and psychologists.
1. Improve national awareness of Psychodermatology within the general public, politicians, patient groups, GPs, Dermatologists, Psychiatrists, Psychologists and allied health professionals
2. Improve education and training in Psychodermatology
3. Promote research and evidence-based practice
4. Collect and disseminate relevant Psychodermatology information
5. Provide post-graduate education in Psychodermatology management
The Executive Committee meets twice per year.
Psychodermatology UK runs an annual meeting in January and a Specialist Interest Group session at that BAD
There is an annual training weekend for Specialty Registrars and a training weekend is planned for Consultants.
Membership of the society is open to Dermatologists, Psychologists, Psychiatrists and Nurses with an interest in Psychodermatology.
For further information please contact:
Dr Susannah Baron
East Kent Hospitals University NHS Foundation Trust
Kent and Canterbury Hospital
Kent, CT1 3NG
For further information see website www.psychodermatology.co.uk
We now have a dedicated psychodermatology UK email address: firstname.lastname@example.org
To join a special interest group, please click here.
To apply to change your special interest group membership category, please use this link.