The British Association of Dermatologists' Clinical Services Unit is responsible for developing guidance that focuses on the organisation and delivery of dermatology healthcare services (Service Guidance). These underpin clinical guidelines, which deal mainly with the prescribing and medical management of patients with skin diseases. Service Guidance encompasses both the overarching clinical pathway for patients, and the service aspects required in the delivery of dermatology care. This also defines the governance and organisational infrastructures which are required in the NHS, with specific reference to those which apply to secondary care dermatology clinical interventions.
Our Service Guidance and Standards are supported by a speciality-specific self-assessment questionnaire and an audit report template, to help departments put these guidelines into practice, and assess areas for change/improvement.
Our Service Guidance development process includes a formal public stakeholder consultation and review of feedback responses prior to the publication of the relevant Service Guidance. We encourage all interested stakeholders to register their interest in responding to future consultations for the pending Service Guidance, listed below:
· Phototherapy Service Guidance and Standards (Published)
· Mohs Micrographic Surgery Service Guidance and Standards (New: ready for pilot phase now)
· Photodynamic Therapy Service Guidance and Standards (New: ready for pilot phase now)
· Cutaneous Allergy Investigation Service Guidance and Standards (Scoping and service guidance phase near completion)
· Paediatric Dermatology Services (Scoping and evidence phase)
· Psychodermatology (Scheduled for scope and service guidance update)
· Teledermatology Service Guidance and Standards (New: guidance for agreement)
· Immunosuppressant and Biologic Therapies (New: guidance for agreement)
Stakeholder registration requests should be emailed to the attention of: Paul Callaghan at email@example.com or posted to the British Association of Dermatologists, Clinical Services Unit, Willan House, 4 Fitzroy Square, London, W1T 5HQ.